Know the Basics
Dandruff is so common that 55% of the world’s population has this chronic condition. Dandruff and Eczema show up as dryness, flaking, scaling, and itching on the scalp and other areas of the body, such as the face, ears, and chest. There are many potential causes of dandruff. Dr. Marder Scalp Therapy - Total Relief™ Shampoo and Conditioner will target the causes of Dandruff, Eczema, scalp Psoriasis, Dermatitis, and itchy scalp so that you can Stop Itching. Start Healing.®
Dr. Marder’s top 7 risk factors for developing dandruff:
- If you are between the ages of 18 to 80, you may be more susceptible to developing the symptoms of dandruff and Eczema.
- If you’re a woman, many of the shampoos that you use on a daily basis, hair dyes, chemicals or straighteners, can cause mild to severe allergic reactions leading to Dandruff. If you’re a guy, stress or harsh soaps and shampoos will cause itching, flaking and Dandruff.
- If you have oily hair and an oily scalp, you are also more likely to have an itchy scalp and Dandruff flakes.
- Stress is a major factor. Our body under stress depletes the natural hormone Cortisol, which is needed to regulate our scalp and hair follicles. Too much stress can cause Dandruff and Psoriasis, leading to hair shedding and severe scaling of the scalp.
- People who suffer from a compromised immune system may have an increase incident of Dandruff.
- Genetics plays a role so if your parents have Dandruff, it is possible that you will get it too.
- When getting your haircut with instruments that are not properly sterilized, you could catch the Malassezia Furfur fungus from the previous customers if they are a carrier of the fungus.
Read more about The Causes and How to Cope.